Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 pm 
Master
Master

Yes, it shows in the lagometer. It's literally a 0.5 sec change. The reason I noticed it was when I would jump, or while I was aiming+turning mouse, my game would stutter. Sometimes happening around corners getting me shot up. The lagometer shows green then nothing when it drops, then back to normal. (all in a split second). But it does it every 3 secs or so for a while. Sometimes I can set the cpu affinity and it will quit. Who knows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one experiencing these drops. I'm on Vista with a dual core processor. Any tips/fixes for this problem? Your help is appreciated! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:29 pm 
Master
Master

UPDATE.

I recently installed Vista 32bit and bought a new vid card. This problem become much more noticable lately, so I decided to try a few things. I was using latest (at the time) drivers from nVidia (196.**), so I downgraded to 178.**, and bam! After connecting to a server and sitting for a minute, the fps drops quit.

So, the age old wisdom prevails. Older drivers work better for older games. Will update if anything changes. Good luck to anyone else.

ps, if you need to see an example of my prob, check out my xfire profile (user: unitethedead), i got a 7 sec video showing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:15 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi guys!One thing that helped me a bit was oppening exceptions on the firewall and antivrus to the game ports and pb A and pb B ports (44302 & 45301) .I think i dont need to say to disable vert sync and antialiasing and anisotropic filters in game options and video card options.