Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: CQB_DIM Mod (Play CQB With TC:E Maps)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Welcome to the CQB_DIM Mod tutorial!

First things first, so let's start with:

WHAT IS "CQB_DIM MOD"?
CQB_DIM is a CQB Alpha 0.22 modification made possible by Dim$tar who compiled a mixed version between TC:E/CQB and released it as a mod. In CQB_DIM You can not only play CQB with all the TC:E official maps but You can also play with your custom content like maps, textures and weapons. Bots are also supported just like in TC:E.

CQB_DIM Mod is constantly being tested and updated with new enhancements thanks to Dim$tar with the collaboration of a few talented friends like *Mr.G* who ported all TC:E official maps to CQB, or like Yourself[PL] who provided his weapons pack and player skins for the mod.

The mod is meant for testing and having fun while the community awaits for official releases by Coroner. So if You find any bugs or errors feel free to post them and discuss about them here.

That's all you need to know about CQB_DIM Mod for now. Don't forget to spread the word and tell your friends about this awesome franchise and mod aswell.

FILES
-7zip (to uncompress .rar .zip files)
Download the lastest version from the [Official Website]

-Woflenstein Enemy Territory with the lastest patch.
Download [Here]

THE MOD

*1- The mod is based on CQB Alpha 0.22 build due to compatibility issues, so expect to see some minor changes in gameplay (specially the perks system).
*2- Browse here for any missing files/textures when using third party maps and download whichever You need.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Install W.E.T. with the lastest patch (in case you don't have it) and apply both patches. If you don't know how to do it, you can learn how to [Here]
  2. After you have installed and applied W.E.T. and its patches, extract cqb_dim.rar and copy the resulting folder "cqb_dim" into the main Wolfenstein Enemy Territory folder: e.g. "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\cqb_dim".
  3. After all installation process is done, download the shortcut above and put it wherever You want to launch the game.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON SERVERS
If You're gonna run a server with the mod It is important that You add the word "-dim_mod" somewhere in the server name so that people can identify those servers using the mod. e.g. "My Server Name -dim_mod".

Also make sure to download the file zzz_tce.pk3 from the "Missing Files" link above and put it on your FTP to avoid any missing textures on your third party maps.

CQB_DIM MOD IN ACTION
See the mod in acton in these two videos thanks to community member jussi in collaboration with Yourself[PL]!

Capture the Flag mode:
http://youtu.be/UtSHdS7hUSA

Player Skins:
http://youtu.be/ntAqiKWtH1A

SHARE CQB_DIM MOD WITH THE WORLD!
Copy and paste the text below and share CQB_DIM everywhere! Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.

Code:
CQB_DIM Is Variant Of The Fan Favorite Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Mod "True Combat: Elite" A Free Realistic FPS - http://goo.gl/bhlsN3

Last edited by rBok6 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:08 am, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Quick mention (:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm 
Master
Master

Thanks rBok6 for a well presented post on cqb_dim i just thought i should add that the tce maps where ported by *Mr.G* i am just responsible for the tweaks and slight changes to the mod its self.

If anyone has any suggestions or any bugs to report please do also there is some issue with custom content from tce mainly scoped weapons, if their is some one who could fix this problem that would be great.

My self and Germ are currently working on et-xreal for cqb and so far all issues have been fixed. expect to see finished work soon :)

*note* I am that Dim$tar but i hope you will put your bias to one side if you have any and check this out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm 
High Master
High Master

Sweet.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

great work! This will be very fun to play at my LAN parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:45 am 
Marksman
Marksman

It appears that there are quite a few missing textures when using 3rd party maps on CQB. Any idea why that might be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:05 am 
Master
Master

Commander Will wrote:
It appears that there are quite a few missing textures when using 3rd party maps on CQB. Any idea why that might be?

Yes indeed i know why, I only had two options for this.

Option one: Make a huge texture&sound&shader pk3 that would of increased cqb_dim to about 600mb.

Option two: Leave it up to other dev's to include the texture&sound&shader&etc for each individual map.pk3.

And as *Mr.G* had already ported the official TC:e maps I chose to make it easier for my self etc to share, i do how ever have the extra texture&sound&shader&etc.pk3 made and i will share asap

**(See Post Below)**

Last edited by Dim$tar on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 am 
High Master
High Master

Found only one server so far (the Australian with bots), anyone planning to create one?
:?:

Or am I doing it right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm 
Expert
Expert

I'm willing to run a server for testing here in Brazil, and I would like to know if the hardware requirements changes with this mod. And, are all the standard maps on this pack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 pm 
Master
Master

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
Found only one server so far (the Australian with bots), anyone planning to create one?
:?:

Or am I doing it right?

Well i had made this so other devs etc could map and test for cqb if you try to connect to a server thats using standard cqb files i believe it will overwrite the files in cqb_dim. so best wait for some nice server admin to make a server up (:

DennerBR wrote:
I'm willing to run a server for testing here in Brazil, and I would like to know if the hardware requirements changes with this mod. And, are all the standard maps on this pack?

For server side & client i have found it is the same as et/tce and yes all standard maps are included in cqb_dim.rar thanks to *Mr.G*

Commander Will wrote:

As I promised here is the link to pk3 containing all the extra's needed to play all 3rd party maps zzz_tce.pk3 is that file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/unst1m5iiexil3j/LDIGFeXqEH

This is basically a copy of the all files i am using in my own private test server you can see Vorot and Tanker are in there too as i think they look and play ok in cqb and of course slums_ext.

**Guys might want to put these pk3 to your own ftp's if you decide to run servers as my dropbox is slow**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:05 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello

I tryed to run a dedicated server with the standard maps, using the maps.cfg that is into the cqb_dim directory as a model to a map rotation file, but the rotation not worked, no had map change. What could be happening? My map rotation file:

set obj "set g_gametype "5"
set g_userTimeLimit 14
g_useralliedrespawntime "7"
g_useraxisrespawntime "7"

set map1 "vstr bc; map obj_delta; set nextmap vstr map2"
set map2 "vstr bc; map obj_village; set nextmap vstr map3"
set map3 "vstr bc; map obj_snow; set nextmap vstr map4"
set map4 "vstr bc; map obj_railhouse; set nextmap vstr map5"
set map5 "vstr bc; map obj_northport; set nextmap vstr map6"
set map6 "vstr bc; map obj_stadtrand; set nextmap vstr map7"
set map7 "vstr bc; map cqb_sample; set nextmap vstr map1"

vstr map1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 am 
Master
Master

DennerBR wrote:
Hello

I tryed to run a dedicated server with the standard maps, using the maps.cfg that is into the cqb_dim directory as a model to a map rotation file, but the rotation not worked, no had map change. What could be happening? My map rotation file:

set obj "set g_gametype "7"
set g_userTimeLimit 14

set map1 "vstr bc; map obj_delta; set nextmap vstr map2"
set map2 "vstr bc; map obj_village; set nextmap vstr map3"
set map3 "vstr bc; map obj_snow; set nextmap vstr map4"
set map4 "vstr bc; map obj_railhouse; set nextmap vstr map5"
set map5 "vstr bc; map obj_northport; set nextmap vstr map6"
set map6 "vstr bc; map obj_stadtrand; set nextmap vstr map7"
set map7 "vstr bc; map cqb_sample; set nextmap vstr map1"

vstr map1

hmmm, remove cqb_sample and

set g_userTimeLimit 14

i would normally have in the server.cfg

This is my bc maps.cfg

set map1 "map obj_railhouse; set nextmap vstr map2"
set map2 "map obj_snow; set nextmap vstr map3"
set map3 "map obj_northport ; set nextmap vstr map4"
set map4 "map obj_village ; set nextmap vstr map5"
set map5 "map obj_stadtrand ; set nextmap vstr map6"
set map6 "map obj_delta; set nextmap vstr map1"

if there is still a problem then there is bug i did not notice i will test and see asap (:

Last edited by Dim$tar on Wed May 21, 2014 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:23 am 
Expert
Expert

HI again

Thanks for your attention. I removed the cqb_sample, and I changed my map rotation to the your suggestion. I set the sv_official to 0, and I received an error message on console of server: "ERROR: CQB Alpha requires sv_pure 1 and sv_official 1" and server not ran, obviously because sv_official was set to 0 on server.cfg. If I set sv_official to 1 I can run the server, but if I call a vote for any map, I receive a message that all the other maps of the server are not official maps. I did the test again changing the first map of rotation and I called a vote to other map, receiving again the above message. The map rotation still not working. I am tired now, and I will work on this problem tomorrow. I would like that you could help me tomorrow, it is possible to you? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:51 am 
Master
Master

Yes, tomorrow is fine Denner... i will double check everything i have shared is same as mine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 am 
High Master
High Master

Hopefully there is server or two online soon. Cannot wait to try this out.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 pm 
Master
Master

Time to re-install W:ET and TC I guess. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next