Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: LMAO
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:14 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I just don't get this. :DDD Why don't you just play cod instead of this shitty mod? Nice waste of time... Noone's gonna play this crap.

Post subject: Re: LMAO
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm 
Master
Master

jonppamo wrote:
I just don't get this. :DDD Why don't you just play cod instead of this shitty mod? Nice waste of time... Noone's gonna play this crap.
Well that escalated quickly. Did not even leave a piece of constructive criticism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm 
Master
Master

Who's gonna wanna play it?

People that know in time with more updates it will be completely different than what it is now.

Either gets some patients or GTFO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

jonppamo wrote:

Did that make you feel better getting that off your chest?

Moving on... it's a public alpha test.

Code:
al·pha [al-fuh]
noun

3. the first; beginning.

Code:
test [test]
noun

3. a particular process or method for trying or assessing.

Now that you are aware what that means, unless you have a bug report or constructive criticism (you know, because it's an alpha stage [see description above]), please don't waste yours and our time.

Thanks.

It's pretty sad that the alpha test was extended to the community to try and test and then there are some that feel the need to be negative because they expected a beta or finished product. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 am 
Expert
Expert

jonppamo wrote:

So, if you'll have patience and will want contribute instead criticize without any base, this mod will acquire its identity and will be different than all that you having seen in COD4. If you want help, test it and report any bug found, and your opinion about gameplay and other features. Only give some time and a chance to this endeavour, and help to improve it.

Post subject: oh..
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I thought it would be an alternative to "call of duty 4" platform linux, but it turned out that it was the "cod4" on Windows = (.

I agree with the message:
jonppamo wrote:
I just don't get this.: DDD Why don't you just play cod instead of this shitty mod? Nice waste of time ... Noone's gonna play this crap.
Meaning change "cod4" on "cod4 "? :( I'm sorry.

I would hope that cqb finish.

P.S. Text typed and translated into Google translator.

Post subject: Re: oh..
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

gapi wrote:
I thought it would be an alternative to "call of duty 4" platform linux, but it turned out that it was the "cod4" on Windows = (.

Since that Activision didn't released any versions of COD4 to linux (only to Mac OS), it will not be possible. This Mod, as any other, is a modification of the game, so, needs the base game to run. If base game exists to an platform, the mod will run in it. In other words, blame Activision for that, not the MOD.

gapi wrote:
I agree with the message:

jonppamo wrote:
I just don't get this.: DDD Why don't you just play cod instead of this shitty mod? Nice waste of time ... Noone's gonna play this crap.

Meaning change "cod4" on "cod4 "? I'm sorry.

I disagree and explained why already, but going we again - Why not? Because have dozens of COD4 mods? If you don't want to help in this, go play another so, you are free for it... but we appreciate if you could help testing and reporting bugs, and beeing patient for waiting for a new release with new improvements and with more proper identity.

gapi wrote:
I would hope that cqb finish.

Nope anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm 
Master
Master

MWTC already has a different feel from COD4 and I think it's moving in the right direction of becoming it's own game.

Sure, some CoD elements are still borrowed but we're talking about an alpha version here made by one person so let's get real.

The maps are enjoyable, especially the new backlot version which shows that MW maps don't necessarily have to be dull and brown. It just looks great.

One major thing that could be tweaked is the weapon handling. Automatic rifles and snipers just seem weak, especially compared to SMG's. Perhaps the C22 server isn't set to HC mode?

The other thing is some of the player movement left from COD. In particular, hopping around corners and spraying with full auto. Some jumping/landing firing penalty would be nice.

Minor tweaks which are probably planned for future versions are removing of the COD hit markers (you can shoot through a wall and see when you've hit someone and where), in-game music and other non-realistic action elements.

As far as COD lean goes, I've thought about it and it does make some sense. You wouldn't be able to peek around the corner and shoot an sniper without loosing balance unless you had a stable enough stance and MW mimics that quite well, I think.

Also, I'd like to see (hear) some TC:E content in MWTC. Like the radio chatter, recognizable textures, UI elements and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

Nice approach Damien, I agree with you. I think that you could explain it (it seems to me that you reply is a wishlist :) ) in this topic:

http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums// ... 389#p30389

to make easy to compile all of wishes of community. Thank you by help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Damien wrote:
One major thing that could be tweaked is the weapon handling. Automatic rifles and snipers just seem weak, especially compared to SMG's. Perhaps the C22 server isn't set to HC mode?

Ive got to play quite bit more now and as long as you get solid hits i think the damage works pretty well besides the bolt rifle which takes 2 hits to kill when enemy is wearing the improved vest even when headshot without the high grade ammo.

In my opinion headshot with the bolt should be 1 hit kill no matter what kind of ammo is being used. I think the 2 hits any other body part is working well.. otherwise its really easy to get kills with the sniper.

Now this could be fixed by adding bleedout/bandage like in OpenWarfare mod i really do like that. Check The Video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:20 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I thought this was the "bug report thread" Not the bs about the game thread?

Anyone having troubles installing this on win 7 ?

Personally I think this mod is reverse progress for truecombat :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm 
Expert
Expert

You need all the latest patches (till 1.7 I believe) and also virtual audio cable for win7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:50 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

JackHole wrote:
Anyone having troubles installing this on win 7 ?

Nope Make sure you have set the startup properly... i just created a new shortcut for mwtc and added the +fs_game mods/truecombat +exec truecombat.cfg and it works no problem

JackHole wrote:
I thought this was the "bug report thread" Not the bs about the game thread?

your post wasnt exactly a bug report either was it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

When i start the truecombat mod with the current MW version (available on steam), i get the following error message: "Need to allocate 4096MB to load images"

Win7 64x; i7 3.5GhZ; 16G DDR3;

I hope you can fix it soon.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Eiermann wrote:
When i start the truecombat mod with the current MW version (available on steam), i get the following error message: "Need to allocate 4096MB to load images"

Win7 64x; i7 3.5GhZ; 16G DDR3;

I hope you can fix it soon.

:)

This has been answered couple of times already 1st here
In short
FAQ wrote:
How can I make a shortcut for MWTC so I don't need to go through the CoD4 menu?
An easy way to do this is to find the file "iw3mp.exe" in your main CoD4 directory. Right click that to select "Create Shortcut". Now, right click the new shortcut and select "Properties". In the "Shortcut" tab is a field called "target". Simply add "+set fs_game mods/truecombat +exec truecombat.cfg" to what is already in the target field. Apply! Voila, no more CoD4 menu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next